People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Kerry Kennedy just the latest JFK clan member to fall apart - Yet another sad chapter in bizarre Kennedy family behavior
Posted on Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 08:16 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Spare me another chapter in the increasingly sad and dysfunctional Kennedy saga.
Alas, Kerry Kennedy’s arrest and bizarre behavior following a traffic accident writes another chapter in the continuing Kennedy saga. She was considered a rock compared to some of her siblings.
She had written a well-received book on Catholicism and seemed deeply involved in her human rights work and charitable foundation and in raising her three daghters. Now that has all changed.
A mother of three, the 52-year old was driving erratically and charged with driving while impaired with drugs when she crashed into a tractor trailer in Westchester, north of new York City. She was also charged with leaving the scene of an accident.
NBC reports that Kennedy was found passed out at the wheel of her Lexus when police arrived.
Her arrest will set the Kennedy newshounds off into a frenzy, of course.
Coming soon after the suicide of Mary Kennedy, Bobby’s wife, the clan are beginning to seem more like a soap opera than ever.
Because she is Gov. Andrew Cuomo's ex-wife and he has a real shot at the White House in 2016, there will be massive coverage.
Brendan Behan once remarked that ”genius doesn’t come in litters” and the Kennedy dynasty beyond JFK and his brothers and sisters has taken on a surreal “Jersey Shore” like quality with weekly updates of the clan’s misadventures.
It is the children of Ethel and Robert who appear to be having the most problems. Most of the eleven barely knew their father, and wife Ethel had, understandably, a very tough time coping with her brood after her husband was so cruelly snatched away. Suicides, drug abuse, and drinking have all featured prominently in the children’s life stories.
Kerry was close to Mary Kennedy and stuck up for her after her recent suicide despite her siblings closing ranks around Bobby Junior.
Did that fact contribute to her bizarre behavior I wonder? When it is the Kennedys one can never be sure.
Be sure of one thing today though. Andrew Cuomo is counting his blessings the couple are divorced and he is not heading into 2016 with a huge liability at his side
As for Kerry we should wait for the full story to unfold. A spokesman for Kennedy stated "Kerry Kennedy voluntarily took breathalyzer, blood and urine tests -- all of which showed no drugs or alcohol whatsoever in her system "The charges were filed before the test results were available."
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'