People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Kate Middleton painting looks like she’s posing for a mug shot - Or maybe it is a Lindsay Lohan night out look alike
Posted on Saturday, January 12, 2013 at 07:24 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Paul Emsley's painting of Kate Middleton|
I’m sorry, but that new portrait of the Duchess of Cambridge makes her look like she is posing for a mugshot or Lindsay Lohan after a late night out.
I don’t think much of royalty, but I do agree that Kate is a beautiful woman and if you think this portrait captures that beauty then I suggest you get rather large rose-tinted spectacles.
The white faced, puffy eyed incarnation of the future queen makes her look much older, and she is vaguely cross eyed, like she’d had too much gin to imbibe -- a la Lindsay Lohan.
Then there’s the half smile that looks like a Chucky evil grin, not convincing at all.
She looms out of a black background rather like a Halloween monster emerging from the deep.
How she could have liked this portrait is a mystery to me and I’m sure millions of other people when they see it.
The artist said she was too beautiful to be painted, and he’s right about that. He certainly has not caught that beauty or that timeless English Rose quality.
I’ll prefer to call it “Lindsay After a Night Out” actually.
See more: Irish Entertainment Blog
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.