Is ex-MTV star Sean Duffy the next GOP superstar like Scott Brown?
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Reality show veteran and Republican Sean Duffy looks set to emulate Scott Brown's uber-sucess in politics.
Duffy was first introduced to America via MTV's "The Real World" which hit the airwaves in 1992.
Duffy met his wife Rachel Campos through "The Real World," she was in San Francisco and he was in Boston.
Now he's running for office in Wisconsin's 7th Congressional District challenging Democratic incumbent David Obey for the slot.
If these were normal times Duffy wouldn't have a hope in hell.
But these are not normal times. And Duffy brings some populist talents to the table. He is a D.A., a champion log-roller and lumberjack.
Duffy is hoping to defeat Obey using the same strategy that worked so well for Brown in Massachussetts - he aims to be more visible.
"He's absent," Duffy says. "He comes through three or four times a year. He lives in Washington, D.C. He's never here. His meetings aren't publicized."
Duffy's would-be campaign exploded after Brown's victory. Sarah Palin has rushed to endorse him and Time magazine named him as one of "10 more Scott Browns."
On her Facebook page, Sarah Palin gives Duffy hearty backing saying: "On this first anniversary of the stimulus, let's send a message to the big-spenders in Washington by helping Sean Duffy unseat the author of the stimulus. Let's put government back on our side and get to work revitalizing America!"
Duffy's in an interesting position.
He's poised to pull off a Scott Brown-typoe upset and if so will be come the country's first reality star politician.
Something tells me he won't be the last.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm