Hillary Clinton as Barack Obama's vice president in 2012?
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
An influential Washington journalist has suggested that Barack Obama should pick Hilary Clinton as running mate in 2012 in part to to neutralize Sarah Palin.
Sally Quinn wife of former Washington Post editor Ben Bradlee puts forward Clinton’s virtues of being tireless and relentless as major bonuses if she was to be a running mate.
She also holds a broad appeal to independents. She adds that Clinton would also “neutralize the effect of Sarah Palin.”
She writes “Hillary is far more qualified to be president than any of the Republicans being considered today, including Mitt Romney, Bobby Jindal, Tim Pawlenty and Palin. arguments that were once pitted against Hillary Clinton have now evaporated as she carried out her roles cheerfully, thoughtfully, seriously and diligently."
As Joe Biden has no intentions of running for presidency Quinn believes that it would be no problem for Obama to choose Hillary as his running mate for the 2012 elections and have her step down as secretary of the state then to begin campaigning. Biden could then take her job
Quinn maintains that Clinton is doing an incredible job as secretary of state.
She said “She has managed to do the impossible:
She is the ambassador of the United States to the world, maintaining her credibility while playing the bad guy to President Obama's good guy, such as with North Korea, Iran and Israel, and still looking good.”
Though having been defeated in the presidential election she does not show any bad blood about her position or the roles that she finds herself carrying out.
“If Clinton is dissatisfied with her role, you would never know it. She has been loyal and supportive to the president and has maintained a good relationship with him and with others in the White House.
If she is being left out of the policymaking, or being sent on trips to keep her out of town, she has not shown it,” said Quinn.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm