People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Dramatic twist as rape case against FOX TV anchor Greg Kelly collapses -Outrageous allegation an attempt to ruin Kelly's good name
Posted on Wednesday, February 08, 2012 at 07:14 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Police Commissioner Ray Kelly with his son Greg who has been cleared of rape charges|
He was found not guilty on all charges and told he could leave a free man.
However, he asked what office he could go to, to get his reputation back.
Of course there was none.
I’m sure the same story would resonate with Greg Kelly, the FOX TV morning anchor, who was accused of rape in what was from the beginning, an utterly spurious case.
He was an easy target, son of the NYPD Police Commissioner Ray Kelly, a former marine and war correspondent and a much respected TV anchor.
All that meant nothing when his reputation was savaged by the rape complaint.
Worse, his accuser will be able to go free, after nearly destroying the reputation of one of the most popular and well liked TV figures around.
The case collapsed within hours of the woman filing her ‘complaint’-- a full three months after the alleged incident.
Kelly (43) was accused by a 29-year old legal aide of rape after they had sex in her boss's law office after a night out.
However, the texts between the pair after the alleged rape happened convinced prosecutors that no rape occurred.
A source told The New York Post that “the lustfulness for each other was mutual’’ and added that it should be “no surprise’’ that the investigation was dropped.
“Between her story, her texts, his story, the small amount of alcohol [involved that night], there was just no evidence,’’ the source said. “The only theory was that she was physically helpless, not forced, but there was no proof that she was in a drunken stupor.’’
Spanish police rescue Ryanair’s Michael O’Leary from angry mob
Mystery American bets billions on Ireland’s economic turn around
Irish parents urge they children to leave - emigration masks unemployment disaster
Amazingly, the accuser goes scot-free. The source stated that “There are no plans to prosecute her because [prosecutors] don’t believe she is lying. “She never wavered from her story that she was too drunk to consent,’’ the source explained.
Kelly issued a statement through his lawyer.
“I am thankful that the investigation established what I’ve known all along, that I am innocent of the allegations that were waged against me.
“I am so blessed to have a wonderful family and friends whose support for me never wavered.”
The Manhattan DA’s office said it had told both parties on Tuesday no rape case would be filed.
“After reviewing all the evidence, we have concluded that the established facts do not constitute a crime under New York criminal law,’’ said DA spokeswoman Joan Vollero “From the moment this matter was referred to this office, we conducted a thorough investigation, consistent with standard practice. That investigation included interviewing numerous fact and expert witnesses, and reviewing and analyzing multiple items of physical evidence, including, but not limited to, receipts, security logs, text messages and telephone records. ...but concluded that “no criminal charges are appropriate.’’
A source close to the investigation told the Post, “It sounds like she got caught [cheating] by her boyfriend, and then he forces her hand: ‘If you’re not lying, you better report.’ ”
The problem is that when a woman is genuinely raped in New York it will be all the harder for her to make her case given this nonsensical claim.
This woman has done women everywhere a grave disservice.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...