Dick Cheney has some nerve attacking Sarah Palin as not qualified for VP -- worst VP in history had 13 per cent approval leaving office
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin|
Dick Cheney really has some nerve stating that Sarah Palin was not qualified to be Vice President of the United States.
This former VP will go down in history as one of the worst- ever and the man who doomed the Bush presidency to failure.
When he left office Cheney had approval ratings of 13 per cent, unparalleled in American history.
This is the man who can excoriate Sarah Palin who even now has massive support from sections of the Republican Party?
Remember Ahmad Chalabi? That’s the Iraqi politician from Saddam Hussein’s time who convinced Cheney and his cohort that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and led Cheney and Co. down the path to the most destructive war of the modern era.
His agent nicknamed “Curveball” spun a cock and bull story to Cheney about Saddam’s “mobile biological weapons” labs that the war mongering Cheney and Bush and British leader Tony Blair snapped up as gospel truth.
Colin Powell even used the “evidence” at the UN, exposing the US to subsequent ridicule.
The CIA had insisted that Saddam had no links with Al Qaeda and there was no connection to 9/11. Cheney insisted otherwise.
Here are Cheney’s statements at the time.
“January 30, 2003: "His regime aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaeda. He could decide secretly to provide weapons of mass destruction to terrorists for use against us."
March 16, 2003: "We know that he has a long-standing relationship with various terrorist groups, including the Al Qaeda organization."
September 14, 2003: "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on biological weapons and chemical weapons."
Brings back pleasant memories now doesn’t it?
Here is his take on Saddam and his “nuclear weapons” search.
"March 19, 2002: "We know they are pursuing nuclear weapons."
"March 24, 2002: "He is actively pursuing nuclear weapons."
"May 19, 2002: "We know he's got chemical and biological...we know he's working on nuclear."
The colossal blunder that led us into Iraq and the loss of thousands of American lives and billions in cost is directly linked to Cheney’s war dancing.
Then there are his ties to Halliburton who made billions of that war, his insistence in torturing suspects and spying in Americans, his influence on Bush’s disastrous economic policies.
Could Sarah Palin have done any worse? I really don’t think so.
She’d have a very low bar to jump over that’s for sure.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...