Dick Cheney has some nerve attacking Sarah Palin as not qualified for VP -- worst VP in history had 13 per cent approval leaving office
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Dick Cheney and Sarah Palin|
Dick Cheney really has some nerve stating that Sarah Palin was not qualified to be Vice President of the United States.
This former VP will go down in history as one of the worst- ever and the man who doomed the Bush presidency to failure.
When he left office Cheney had approval ratings of 13 per cent, unparalleled in American history.
This is the man who can excoriate Sarah Palin who even now has massive support from sections of the Republican Party?
Remember Ahmad Chalabi? That’s the Iraqi politician from Saddam Hussein’s time who convinced Cheney and his cohort that Saddam had weapons of mass destruction and led Cheney and Co. down the path to the most destructive war of the modern era.
His agent nicknamed “Curveball” spun a cock and bull story to Cheney about Saddam’s “mobile biological weapons” labs that the war mongering Cheney and Bush and British leader Tony Blair snapped up as gospel truth.
Colin Powell even used the “evidence” at the UN, exposing the US to subsequent ridicule.
The CIA had insisted that Saddam had no links with Al Qaeda and there was no connection to 9/11. Cheney insisted otherwise.
Here are Cheney’s statements at the time.
“January 30, 2003: "His regime aids and protects terrorists, including members of Al Qaeda. He could decide secretly to provide weapons of mass destruction to terrorists for use against us."
March 16, 2003: "We know that he has a long-standing relationship with various terrorist groups, including the Al Qaeda organization."
September 14, 2003: "We learned more and more that there was a relationship between Iraq and Al Qaeda that stretched back through most of the decade of the '90s, that it involved training, for example, on biological weapons and chemical weapons."
Brings back pleasant memories now doesn’t it?
Here is his take on Saddam and his “nuclear weapons” search.
"March 19, 2002: "We know they are pursuing nuclear weapons."
"March 24, 2002: "He is actively pursuing nuclear weapons."
"May 19, 2002: "We know he's got chemical and biological...we know he's working on nuclear."
The colossal blunder that led us into Iraq and the loss of thousands of American lives and billions in cost is directly linked to Cheney’s war dancing.
Then there are his ties to Halliburton who made billions of that war, his insistence in torturing suspects and spying in Americans, his influence on Bush’s disastrous economic policies.
Could Sarah Palin have done any worse? I really don’t think so.
She’d have a very low bar to jump over that’s for sure.
15 - 31 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- British emigrant group calls on government...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...