People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Devastating profile of Newt Gingrich and his marriages in Gail Collins column in NY Times
Posted on Saturday, March 12, 2011 at 10:24 AM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
If you want to read one of the most devastating pieces of journalism in a long time read Gail Collins on Newt Gingrich in Saturday's New York Times.
Collins is usually in the shadow of her more famous Irish American colleague Maureen Dowd but on this occasion she outdoes everyone.
Gingrich, pictured here with third wife Callista, was recently on Christan Broadcasting Network defending his three marriages. and he said " There is no question that at times in my life , partially driven by how passionately I feel about this country that I worked far too hard and that things happened in my life that were not appropriate."
As an excuse for infidelity it beats the band.
As the man who led the impeachment charge against Bill Clinton it gives hypocrisy a new name.
And Collins knows how to apply the knife mocking Gingrich for saying his passion for work led to his affairs.
She goes back over Gingrich's two broken marriages.
In the first one he told his wife Jackie when she was recovering from surgery for uterine cancer he was divorcing her --charming I'm sure.
His second wife Marianne , who suffered from multiple sclerosis, was visiting her mother when he called to tell her he'd met some one better.
A real class act.
The Catholic Church found a way to have Gingrich annul his second marriage and marry his third wife, a much younger woman after becoming a Catholic.
With Catholics like him no wonder the church is in trouble.
Gingrich is ready to forgive his own sins, but judging by his rhetoric not those of others.
What a hypocrite!
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Irish finance minister says US Senate are...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Irish anti-austerity protesters chain themselve