Chelsea Clinton will follow Bill and Hillary into the political business -- Vogue interview confirms what I wrote in this blog last year about her
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
|Chelsea Clinton speaking at the 2011 Clinton Global Initiative (Credit: AP)|
So Chelsea Clinton is thinking about running for office according to a Vogue magazine exclusive.
I predicted this last year and I’m glad to have been proven right.
She will prove to be a natural, more Bill flair than Hillary head down but with her mother’s incredible work ethic
She told Vogue magazine “Before my mom’s campaign I would have said no,” “And now I don’t know. . .”
“If there were to be a point where it was something I felt called to do and I didn’t think there was someone who was sufficiently committed to building a healthier, more just, more equitable, more productive world?”
Clinton continued. “Then that would be a question I’d have to ask and answer.”
Take that as a yes, she’s running.
It is the obvious step for her, the daughter of two of the most famous politicians in American history.
The apple did not fall far from the tree and now at 32, bright smart, committed to causes she is as good as throwing her hat in the ring.
Expect her to some day emulate her mother and be the senator from New York – likely when Chuck Schumer retires in a few years. Then again there may be a vacancy in Albany if Governor Cuomo runs for the White House in 2016
Before that she will seek a run for Congress in 2014 is my best bet.
With parents like her how could she not get bitten by the political bug?
What is more she would be very good at it.
I have met Chelsea a few times and can confirm what most people say -- this is a classy young lady, raised the right way by her parents.
So often kids of famous parents get crazy in order to get attention for themselves.
Not Chelsea Clinton who has been a straight arrow through her college career in Stanford and since then as a working girl.
But she has to carry that gene, that one that John Kennedy Junior and Caroline had.
Caroline made an abortive run for New York senator, John John was thinking about running in New Jersey.
Chelsea they say will run upstate for a congressional seat to begin with.
She will win in a heartbeat-- imagine Bill and Hill campaigning for her!
And then it is on to who knows what.
She is a very smart girl as I leaned when she discussed her master’s thesis on the Irish peace process with me.
She has the moxie, looks and connections to go very far.
So run Chelsea run!
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Planned Parenthood support for Irish leader...
- Gay porn priest is appointed to new parish...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Ten best Irish lies — fabulous fibs that...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Aussie outlaw Ned Kelly is the center of...
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...