People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Casey Anthony was found not guilty -- get over it folks and respect the jury
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 02:03 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Casey Anthony was found innocent -- get used to it.
We can argue the toss all we like but a jury of her peers sat for months and weighed all the evidence and found there was not enough to convict.
This was no OJ Simpson runaway jury, they took their responsibilities very seriously.
They decided a reasonable doubt existed and they found accordingly.
Any judge will tell you that without a body if becomes very difficult to prove a crime.
By the time little Caylee was found there was no definitive evidence of how she died possible.
We now Casey Anthony was a terrible mother, a heartless woman who partied for thirty days after her baby was missing
But did she kill her?
We will never know. An alternative theory was put forward by the defense who stated that the child had drowned in a pool and the family had panicked trying to cover it up.
Sounds very unlikely.
But then I thought and wrote that Dominique Strauss Khan was guilty as hell of rape.
Now it appears he may be guilty of sordid sex with a hooker but no more
Similarly with Casey Anthony, this mad media coverage, this drumbeat against the jury is very unfair on them
They did their job to the best of their ability.
We will have the blow dried , perpetually outraged Nancy Grace and all the other pontificating and fulminating until the next sordid case comes along.
Just remember one thing, they didn't sit in that court room and hear all the evidence or go through the case inch by inch.
Those who did made their decision
They should be praised, not vilified for that.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...