People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Casey Anthony was found not guilty -- get over it folks and respect the jury
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 02:03 PM
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia Obama bored stiff while in Ireland - Schedule heavy on history lectures and searching for ancient roots blamed - VIDEO
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
Casey Anthony was found innocent -- get used to it.
We can argue the toss all we like but a jury of her peers sat for months and weighed all the evidence and found there was not enough to convict.
This was no OJ Simpson runaway jury, they took their responsibilities very seriously.
They decided a reasonable doubt existed and they found accordingly.
Any judge will tell you that without a body if becomes very difficult to prove a crime.
By the time little Caylee was found there was no definitive evidence of how she died possible.
We now Casey Anthony was a terrible mother, a heartless woman who partied for thirty days after her baby was missing
But did she kill her?
We will never know. An alternative theory was put forward by the defense who stated that the child had drowned in a pool and the family had panicked trying to cover it up.
Sounds very unlikely.
But then I thought and wrote that Dominique Strauss Khan was guilty as hell of rape.
Now it appears he may be guilty of sordid sex with a hooker but no more
Similarly with Casey Anthony, this mad media coverage, this drumbeat against the jury is very unfair on them
They did their job to the best of their ability.
We will have the blow dried , perpetually outraged Nancy Grace and all the other pontificating and fulminating until the next sordid case comes along.
Just remember one thing, they didn't sit in that court room and hear all the evidence or go through the case inch by inch.
Those who did made their decision
They should be praised, not vilified for that.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- All Ireland Winners of the 2013 Irish Restaurant Awards...
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.