People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Casey Anthony was found not guilty -- get over it folks and respect the jury
Posted on Thursday, July 07, 2011 at 02:03 PM
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Casey Anthony was found innocent -- get used to it.
We can argue the toss all we like but a jury of her peers sat for months and weighed all the evidence and found there was not enough to convict.
This was no OJ Simpson runaway jury, they took their responsibilities very seriously.
They decided a reasonable doubt existed and they found accordingly.
Any judge will tell you that without a body if becomes very difficult to prove a crime.
By the time little Caylee was found there was no definitive evidence of how she died possible.
We now Casey Anthony was a terrible mother, a heartless woman who partied for thirty days after her baby was missing
But did she kill her?
We will never know. An alternative theory was put forward by the defense who stated that the child had drowned in a pool and the family had panicked trying to cover it up.
Sounds very unlikely.
But then I thought and wrote that Dominique Strauss Khan was guilty as hell of rape.
Now it appears he may be guilty of sordid sex with a hooker but no more
Similarly with Casey Anthony, this mad media coverage, this drumbeat against the jury is very unfair on them
They did their job to the best of their ability.
We will have the blow dried , perpetually outraged Nancy Grace and all the other pontificating and fulminating until the next sordid case comes along.
Just remember one thing, they didn't sit in that court room and hear all the evidence or go through the case inch by inch.
Those who did made their decision
They should be praised, not vilified for that.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Horse disemboweled and sliced open in horrific.
- Senator Schumer says Irish deserve a separate...
- Irish politician refuses to back down on...
- Irish footballer under investigation after...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Delphi Lodge takes responsibility for turning...
- Sex addiction on the rise says Dublin Clinic...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...