People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Cardinal Timothy Dolan as Pope not likely according to Paddy Power bookmakers who quote 80/1
Posted on Sunday, February 19, 2012 at 10:31 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Cardinal Timothy Dolan|
Since his rock star appearance in Rome to receive his red hat there has been widespread speculation in the media that Dolan could be the next pontiff.
A leading Rome newspaper has stated that Dolan is now among the 'papabile' --- those handful who could well end up pope.
Surprisingly, however, he's not even the American favorite for the job.
Paddy Power, Ireland's leading bookmaking chain has Dolan at 80/1 to be pope, astonishing odds .
Cardinal Raymond Burke formerly of St. Louis, now of the Vatican, is only 20/1 while fellow US curia member Cardinal William Levada of San Francisco is 25/1
The field is headed by Cardinal Frances Arinze of Nigeria at 7/4 with Cardinal Peter Turkson of Ghana next at 2/1.
An African pope is clearly the way Paddy Power is thinking,
Paddy Power isn't given to posting long odds and losing me thinks.
So Dolan as Pope looks like a long shot.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas