People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Bill Maher slams Rush Limbaugh, George Will, George Bush
Posted on Saturday, May 08, 2010 at 05:12 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Bill Maher has slammed Rush Limbaugh and other leading Republicans over their reaction to the Louisiana oil spill on his program 'Real Time. '
He slams Limbaugh for saying the oil spill was "natural."
Quoting the right wing host, Maher stated "Limbaugh said the ocean will take care of this. It's as natural [the oil] as the ocean water is." That's right, a petrochemical stew is very natural to wetlands. You know what, you dipshit? Mercury's natural too -- you don't put it in your Cheerios.
Maher also went after Texas governor Rick Perry who says it was an act of God. "I think it was an act of Dick Cheney," Maher said, "And it shows the disastrous results of having lobbyists write laws.
Newsweek columnist George Will was another target:
"Why haven't we actually gotten off the oil? One reason is global warming deniers like George Will. He knows better."
Maher also compared Bush and Obama over Afghanistan and the war on terror
"Let's compare Bush to Obama in a more serious way. Bush always used to say "We're fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight them over here." And we would all go "Oh, you moron." But that's basically the policy Obama is doing. Obama may call it something different, but doubling down in Afghanistan and sending more troops in there is fighting them over there, so we don't have to fight them here. But I'd like to say, "Memo to the administration: They're already here." So what is the point of us being in Afghanistan?
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.