People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Bill Maher donates $1 million to President Obama re-election campaign - VIDEO
Posted on Friday, February 24, 2012 at 07:55 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Politico.com reports that in California last night Maher made the surprise announcement.
"At the end of his groundbreaking comedy special, “CrazyStupidPolitics: Live from Silicon Valley,” which streamed live on Yahoo!, Maher brought out a check, making a personal donation of one million dollars to Obama’s Super PAC, Priorities USA Action Politico reported.
More stories on US politics from IrishCentral
Horrific shooting of three grey seals and a dolphin found on Waterford beach condemned
Ten ten best Irish pick-up lines for St. Patrick's Day
Maher also stated that it is “worth a million dollars" to have Obama back in office.
"This is the wisest investment I think I could make."
He also encouraged other wealthy Democrats to do the same.
Maher had been very critical of Obama at times but recently, as the president began tacking to the left Maher has been far more supportive.
Here's the video:
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas