People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Big Boost for Obama in death of Al Awalki the American traitor in Yemen
Posted on Friday, September 30, 2011 at 08:27 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
The death of Al Qaeda terrorist the American born Amwar Al Awlaki is a huge boost for President Obama.
While Republicans try to tear him down on every conceivable issue his national security credentials are once again clear to the world.
His predecessor George Bush never laid a hand on top Al Qaeda leadership despite all the bellicose rhetoric.
Obama has quietly and secretly struck like a cobra at the heart of the terrorist organization.
The American Al Awalki was especially dangerous as he had direct access to many disaffected radicals in the US.
His American background made him an out and out traitor and a dangerous enemy who had already done this country tremendous harm.
Now he has been killed, no doubt by American intelligence who have been doing a superb job in recent months.
While it is not a big as the slaying of Bin Laden it certainly allows Obama to wave his national security credentials high over his head in the next presidential campaign.
That is something at least that Republicans cannot take away from him.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas