People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are best of frenemies nowadays -- Dynamic duo pledge love and respect despite the past
Posted on Thursday, November 22, 2012 at 01:51 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama step off Air Force One|
Best frenemies is how Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton have ended up after political battles and later reconciliation left them closer than ever.
President Obama insisted that Clinton accompany him off the plane in Asia on her last trip abroad with him.
Earlier the two had spent hours in Air Force One together, in his personal office talking about the old days and no doubt, the future.
The old days were tough for the twosome. They fought a bitter and nasty primary fight but then it was all kiss and make up as Hillary became his Secretary of State. She did a damn fine job too. She traveled endlessly, worked herself to the bone and the world was a safer place.
Obama knew he had hit the jackpot and left her to her own devices -- and it was the making of a very successful partnership.
Then, of course, there was the matter of her husband bailing out the Obama campaign at key moments in his presidential race against Mitt Romney.
Without that help in a close race it is doubtful he would have won.
So all is well that ends well as Hillary heads for retirement -- or does she?
I wonder what would have passed between them on that flight to Asia?
Barack will surely be asked three years from now when the New Hampshire hills loom again and the 2016 race gets underway as to who he will support.
He won't say openly but if Hillary decided can he really deny her?
That’s what frenemies are for after all. The kiss and make up is the best part.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.