People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
“Bang Bang” Obama shoots himself in the foot with gun photo -- Ridiculous effort to have it both ways backfires badly on him
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 at 07:07 AM
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia Obama bored stiff while in Ireland - Schedule heavy on history lectures and searching for ancient roots blamed - VIDEO
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
|Barack Obama shooting "skeet" at Camp David (Getty)|
It is Barack Obama’s “I didn’t inhale” moment when he looks silly, dumb and plain stupid.
I’m talking about the picture of our president shooting off some kind of gun at Camp David and pretending he is somehow on the side of gun owners.
He’s not and he knows it and so does the world.
Some clever(?) PR guy wanted it both ways and released the old photo of the president skeet shooting, whatever that is.
I’m surprised “Bam Bam” Obama went for it. He should have smelled a fake a mile off.
He was doing well taking on the gun lobby until that moment, standing up to them, pushing for legislation, having his Vice President gather the evidence for a big move.
Now he has cheapened his own standing by this silly trick.
Obama doesn’t need to kow-tow to gun owners, especially not those defending the crazy assault weapon line.
Read More: The assault by the left on gun rights, is an assault on women
He needs to present a clear and viable alternative to how guns are licensed or not licensed in this country and seek to legislate accordingly.
Instead he has given the NRA an opening that they must have enjoyed enormously given the dreadful state of their own public relations these days and their downright semi-deranged spokesman Wayne LaPierre.
Read More: Top Irish athletes restore key community buildings in Rockaways, Breezy Point
Come on Mr. President, you know better than to play a pretend game where you have a foot in both camps.
It is a sure fire way, excuse the pun, to ensure that you lose ground and respect in both camps.
So put the gun away and get back to the reality that you want to do better on guns and that most of the country is solidly behind you.
That should be good enough “Bang Bang” -- and fire that PR guy who told you this was a good plan. See more: Irish News Blog , US president , Irish Democrats , Irish in US Politics
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- All Ireland Winners of the 2013 Irish Restaurant Awards...
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Good Morning America says Sasha and Malia...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.