People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
“Bang Bang” Obama shoots himself in the foot with gun photo -- Ridiculous effort to have it both ways backfires badly on him
Posted on Monday, February 04, 2013 at 07:07 AM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
|Barack Obama shooting "skeet" at Camp David (Getty)|
It is Barack Obama’s “I didn’t inhale” moment when he looks silly, dumb and plain stupid.
I’m talking about the picture of our president shooting off some kind of gun at Camp David and pretending he is somehow on the side of gun owners.
He’s not and he knows it and so does the world.
Some clever(?) PR guy wanted it both ways and released the old photo of the president skeet shooting, whatever that is.
I’m surprised “Bam Bam” Obama went for it. He should have smelled a fake a mile off.
He was doing well taking on the gun lobby until that moment, standing up to them, pushing for legislation, having his Vice President gather the evidence for a big move.
Now he has cheapened his own standing by this silly trick.
Obama doesn’t need to kow-tow to gun owners, especially not those defending the crazy assault weapon line.
Read More: The assault by the left on gun rights, is an assault on women
He needs to present a clear and viable alternative to how guns are licensed or not licensed in this country and seek to legislate accordingly.
Instead he has given the NRA an opening that they must have enjoyed enormously given the dreadful state of their own public relations these days and their downright semi-deranged spokesman Wayne LaPierre.
Read More: Top Irish athletes restore key community buildings in Rockaways, Breezy Point
Come on Mr. President, you know better than to play a pretend game where you have a foot in both camps.
It is a sure fire way, excuse the pun, to ensure that you lose ground and respect in both camps.
So put the gun away and get back to the reality that you want to do better on guns and that most of the country is solidly behind you.
That should be good enough “Bang Bang” -- and fire that PR guy who told you this was a good plan. See more: Irish News Blog , US president , Irish Democrats , Irish in US Politics
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.