People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Amanda Knox now free a victim of British tabloids, Italian court system
Posted on Monday, October 03, 2011 at 01:36 PM
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Amanda Knox is free but she reamins a victim of an Italian court system that accepts clearly flawed forensics, that allows hearsay into evidence and that treats women as less than equals.
She is also a victim of the British tabloids. The victim was British and they have set out from the beginning to smear and damage Amanda whatever way they can, including inventing evidence.
She is also a victim of being a good looking young American girl caught in the glare of international media.
If she was an aged woman, or just a normal run of the mill Italian youth there would be no interest in the case.
Bullying is violence, it should be considered a crime
Irish ‘Ponzi Scheme’ Full Tilt poker website’s license revoked
Spain’s serial killer used a fake Irish passport
The Knox story became an object of international fascination when she and her Italian boyfriend, Raffaele Sollecito, were arrested in November 2007. The pair were accused of killing Meredith Kercher, their 21-year-old roommate, in a violent night fueled by sex and drugs.
Knox, her boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito and Italian native Rudy Guede were charged with sexually assaulting Kercher. Knox was accused of slashing her throat with a knife.
The forensics have since been revealed to be a joke and the crime scene was disturbed if not destroyed by police walking all over it.
Now that she is free this will all become obvious.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- A Magdalene Laundry US adoptee who holds...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Baby dies in horror birth at Belfast hospital...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...