People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Timothy Egan writing in The New York Times asks what would the reaction be if a leading American presidential candidate advocated an electric fence that would stop immigrants coming in from Ireland by electrocuting them.
Herman Cain, the latest name of the month in the Republican field suggested just that twice this week, not for Irish but for Mexicans coming across the border.
He said it twice after first apologizing for it.
Will Catholic church leaders ever learn that child abuse is a vile crime?
The latest episode is where the Bishop Robert Finn the Irish American conservative bishop of Kansas City was indicted for covering up a pedophile priest in his diocese
Put Hillary Clinton on t e 2012 ticket.
It is time. VP Joe Biden is once again finding it necessary to proclaim that he will definitely be on the Obama 2012 ticket.
He jumped 13 points last month while Rick Perry dropped twelve and is now the preferred candidate of 30 per cent of the tea party voters.
That throws up the incredible possibility that it will be Cain versus Obama for the top job in America, an unimaginable scenario just a few years ago.
It is interesting to note that Ireland's effort to reclaim its Diaspora with a major conference in Dublin is occurring at the same time as a presidential candidate there is being excoriated for being an American as well as an Irish citizen.
One wonders what the many American businessmen and women will make of the attacks in the media on Dana Rosemary Scanlon since she revealed she was also an American citizen.
Amanda Knox is free but she reamins a victim of an Italian court system that accepts clearly flawed forensics, that allows hearsay into evidence and that treats women as less than equals.
She is also a victim of the British tabloids. The victim was British and they have set out from the beginning to smear and damage Amanda whatever way they can, including inventing evidence.
The New York Times is reporting that a high- level gathering of Christie aides are meeting this weekend to plan a strategy.
The Times reports that those pushing Christie to run include the media mogul Rupert Murdoch, former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, Nancy Reagan and the conservative columnist William Kristol.
She also included another CIA target who was killed in Yemen, one Samir Khan, also an American citizen.
It is complete nonsense to suggest that somehow these people should not have been killed when we had the opportunity.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- The New York Times questions Ireland’s highly-p
- Gay wedding cakes latest target of anti-gay...
- Bah! Humbug! The ten worst things about Christm
- Spanish judge slams Ryanair’s sexist air...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- No Irish prosecution for man named as world’s...
- Offensive NFL sign outside restaurant just...
- Ireland crowned “Top Tourist Destination”...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- How the Irish celebrate Christmas has changed...