People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
In wave elections like this one, the party coming on strong will almost always win the close races.
That is why the vast majority of close House and Senate races on Tuesday will eventually go to Republicans.
It is Halloween so we should not be surprised to see a politician rise from the dead.
It just seemed a few months ago that Tom Tancredo gave up his House seat and vanished into well-deserved obscurity.
Now he's back.
Is President Obama a Democrat?
His refusal to back the Rhode Island candidate for governor from his own party certainly raises the question.
It is not as if Frank Caprio is a hopeless outsider, he's actually neck and neck in the polls.
I concur and have made that argument in these columns frequently in the past, much to the derision of many, I have to say.
So welcome aboard New York Magazine.
The latest numbers from the Pennsylvania senate race show a curious comeback by Joe Sestak, the former no-hoper who has suddenly closed to within a few points of raging favorite, Republican Pat Toomey.
With a crazy lady next door, voters appear to be looking at the Republican slate in their own state and wondering if there are bats in the belfry there too.
I have to say I agree with Latinos for Reform that Latinos are wasting their time voting for Harry Reid and his ilk in the upcoming election.
All the Democrats have done for two years is the old bait and switch , pretending to care about comprehensive immigration reform yet doing nothing about it.
"That's so funny, because I don't think I've ever met that gal, Maureen Dowd -- O'Dowd -- whatever the heck her name is Palin told a Fox News reporter when asked about Dowd
"I don't think I've ever met her, and I don't think -- she probably hasn't met Jan Brewer or some of these other wonderful, pleasant, gracious, nice, hard-working mama grizzlies who are wanting to turn this country around.
You have to hand it to Meghan McCain.
Kind of like her old man used to be actually. At 26 she's a chip off the old block, (they are pictured above), and may well have a political career ahead of her.
What human being alive could not feel an enormous surge of humanity and gratitude when miner Florencio Avalaos was brought to the surface from 2,400 feet below the surface in Chile?
The hug with his wife and child was the greatest news moment of the year perhaps the decade
Bill O'Reilly is fair and balanced.
He's probably the only one who is at Fox News but it is certainly better to have one person than none.
The hypocrisy of Lou Dobbs on the immigration issue has finally been exposed .
Donald Trump for president? I'd rather have Christine O'Donnell.
If there is a country called Hot Air. I'd want Donald too run for president of it. He'd win in a landslide.
He's the original hot air balloon boy.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- North’s Minister for Finance accuses Republic...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- President Obama urges all of Northern Ireland...