People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
If you want to know how low journalism sank at the British tabloids owned by Rupert Murdoch just read the following evidence given today by John McMullen, one of Murdoch's top tabloid reporters at the News of the World.
The key sentence he uses is " I think phone hacking is a perfectly acceptable tool."
I'm not one to scream anti-Catholic too often but the new movie "A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas" screams insult at every turn.
It is unfortunately on your screens now.
Worse, the main actor Kal Penn, who plays a stoner, is a former senior official in the Obama administration -- I kid you not. Penn was associate director of the White House Office of Public Engagement.
So farewell to Regis Philbin from morning television but here's hoping he sticks around for a very long time.
I met Regis Philbin on several occasions. The last was at a Notre Dame game last year where he was chatting with Commissioner Ray Kelly in the press area.
When you are thrust in the national spotlight you better know your stuff.
Perry had already raised questions about his competency when he endured a lengthy brain fart at a Michigan debate and could not remember which department he was supposed to cut.
I've had it with 'Glee' and the leprechaun.
The Fox TV top rated series 'jumped the shark' last night when Heather, the cheerleader, really thought that new Irish exchange student Damian McGinty was a leprechaun.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm