People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Sarah Palin attacks John F.Kennedy on the basis of running away from his Catholic religion in her latest book 'America By Heart.'
She has some cheek, given that Palin is a failed Catholic herself, having given up on the religion of her Irish forefathers and encompassed one of those hip born-again evangelical identities-- you know the ones where Jesus appears in your rear view mirror and converts you.
Palin attacks Kennedy for his 1960 campaign remark that "I am not the Catholic candidate for president.I am the Democratic Party's candidate for president who also happens to be Catholic."
So Bill O'Reilly diagnoses the Irish financial meltdown in his weekly column.
It is a classic right-wing analysis of what allegedly happened.
This is funny stuff if it wasn't so sad.Thanks to Newswhip.ie for pointing it out and Daily Motion.com for creating it
She claims Obama is ashamed of being American "I think ordinary Americans are tired of Obama's global apology tour and of hearing about what a weak country America is from left-wing professors and journalists," Palin says.
"Hunt for Jobs Sends the Irish Abroad Again" is the headline, just the latest in a series of Celtic Tiger dismantling articles that have been in the U.S. media in recent weeks.
The main focus is Antoinete Shields, who once employed 26 people in her construction company and now cannot even give work to her son who is on his way overseas.
He told BBC News today that he believed “things will come to head in the next 24 hours”.
He said that he was “extremely concerned” that Ireland would literally run out of money.
Cardinal Sean O’Malley of Boston, has been slammed by the spokeswoman of an abuse victims group for his celebration of Mass in Dublin yesterday with two bishops named in the Murphy child abuse report.
O'Malley is in Dublin as part of a Vatican mission to examine how the post-sex abuse church is enforcing new guidelines.
The Murphy report was deeply critical of how the Dublin archdiocese handled the abuse issue
He has revealed himself as anti-Semitic, a charge taken up by the Jewish anti-defamation league who have strongly challenged him on recent comments about George Soros.
Soros survived the Holocaust after his father bribed an agricultural official in his native Hungary to pass him off as a relative of his when Soros was 14.
Foley made the announcement during a press conference today.
He lost in the end by less than 6,000 votes out of 1 million cast and had disputed the results up until the last minute.
In a front page story on Monday "The New York Times" is reporting that Ireland’s debt woes have “stoked fear that it might even need to follow Greece and request a bailout from the European Union and the International Monetary Fund.”
Such a move could "do lasting damage to Ireland’s credit standing.” The Times says.
Keith Olbermann was right. He contributed to Democratic candidates as a citizen, which he is perfectly entitled to do. It is absurd that his bosses at MSNBC have decided to discipline him.
Over at Fox News they must be laughing all the way to the bank.
Rupert Murdoch and News International made it crystal clear when they backed conservative groups with over a $ 1 million donation that they were putting their money where their mouth was.
One of the recent stories calls Obama deeply racist names and sneers at an African American man kneeling as Obama's entourage leaves a public meeting (above)
On the site a series of anti-black stories are published with lurid details about alleged incidents involving blacks.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Gerry Adams accuses British government of...
- New York’s Cardinal Timothy Dolan slams Governo