People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Rising Republican star Sean Duffy, the Wisconsin Irish American congressman, has been brought back down to earth by a video showing him complaining about his $174,000 a year salary, three times the median income in his state.
TPM reports that the Republican Party in the state has made strenuous efforts to take down the video and remove it from the internet after they realized the damage it would cause.
Trump produced what he said was his birth certificate to Newsmax magazine as a counter point to his recent comments about Obama's lack of same.
Except Donald did not produce his birth certificate.
Watching her in National Velvet, the movie she made in 1944 with Mickey Rooney about a horse entering England's biggest steeplechase race, I fell in love simultaneously with Elizabeth and horse racing.
She was cool before thee word was invented, hip before it was ever contemplated, sexy before you could ever speak about it .
And this self aggrandizing, bad comb over,egomaniac wants to be taken seriously as a presidential candidate?
This fake business genius who was handed his wealth by his father is casting aspersions on a man who embodies the American 'up from the bootstraps" dream?
It is highly unlikely St.Patrick ever snacked on corn beef or cabbage or downed a pint of Guinness.
But a new study shows what the Irish patron saint probably ate in the Fifth Century.
His comments that God sent the earthquake to Japan prove that this lunatic leprechaun has finally lost the plot.
The Irish have an expression when someone loses it it is called 'Away with the fairies'
Collins is usually in the shadow of her more famous Irish American colleague Maureen Dowd but on this occasion she outdoes everyone.
Gingrich, pictured here with third wife Callista, was recently on Christan Broadcasting Network defending his three marriages. and he said " There is no question that at times in my life , partially driven by how passionately I feel about this country that I worked far too hard and that things happened in my life that were not appropriate."
When the inclusive Sunnyside Wooside Saint Patrick's Parade stepped off on Skillman Avenue in Queens on Sunday, it was deja vu all over again.
This year, like all the other years before it, the unique parade was one of the most joyous and colorful Saint Patrick's parades in the nation - and one of the most genuinely welcoming.
An Italian leading the St.Patrick's Day parade?
Here's what the genealogy book My Guide Ireland tells us;
"The popular name Sheehan or Sheahan, often referred to as Sheen or Shean, is the anglicisation of the Irish Ó Siodhacháin, from a diminutive of siodhach, meaning ‘peaceful’.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist...
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Hollywood star Gabriel Byrne brands new Pope...
- Photo shows Irish revolutionaries three years...
- Bono, Gerry Adams, President Higgins all...