People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Judge Susan Bolton is a wise woman. Her decision on the Arizona immigration law is exactly the correct one.
What American could possibly disagree with her comment that “There is a substantial likelihood that officers will wrongfully arrest legal resident aliens” ?
“By enforcing this statute, Arizona would impose a ‘distinct, unusual and extraordinary’ burden on legal resident aliens that only the federal government has the authority to impose.” the judge said
I met her first at a White House event around St.Patrick's Day in the mid 1990s.
She was a gawky, teenager then, growing pains very evident, but what impressed was her nice easy manner and her ability to make you feel at ease.
Those Irish left off the Chelsea Clinton wedding invitation list are far from pleased.
The final number of guests is 400 , a small fraction of the massive rolodexes that Bill and Hillary have.
Some Irish Americans spoken to who were omitted are none too pleased.
Bill Clinton is now more popular than Barack Obama according to a new Gallup poll.
Congratulations to Bill O'Reilly who has become one of the first right-wing commentators to admit he was terribly wrong about Shirley Sherrod.
Bill O’Reilly offered an abject apology on Wednesday, for making comments about Sherrod and showing a controversial tape that was edited to make it seem she was a racist.
"I owe Ms. Sherrod an apology for not doing my homework, for not putting her remarks into the proper context,"
he said on "The O’Reilly Factor,"
How does President Huckabee sound to you? Or President Palin? If the election were held today they seem at least as likely as Obama to win.
It signals a major reversal for the Democratic Party in the midterm election for one reason only -- they are unable to get their message out starting at the top.
The Los Angeles Times received many enquiries after mixing up Mickey Spillane, crime writer (pictured above) and his namesake, Mickey Spillane a mobster at the weekend.
Robert Spillane, an actor, son of the mobster, died after falling through a window on Manhattan's West Side.
Readers though that Robert Spillane,son of the gangster was really son of the writer as The Times never made it clear.
12-year incumbent Rep. Bob Inglis of South Carolin states that Tea Party favorites such a Sarah Palin and Glenn Beck will end up doing enormous damage.
He said Palin's claim that the Democratic health care bill would create "death panels" was very damaging
A deal to return ten Russian spies to Russia is in the works according to The New York Times.
A leading American spy being held in a Russian jail is expected to be freed in Vienna tomorrow.
Ryan Grady's body was brought back from Afghanistan on July 4th where he had served with the Vermont National Guard.
On the day he died the 25-year-old ate breakfast with his brother Kevin, another National Guard member. Hours later an improved explosive device killed him. Four others in his vehicle were seriously injured.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Do the Irish speak a foreign language?
- U2’s Bono spills on American politicians...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...