People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
Examiner.com is reporting that the Palins have had enough of snowy Alaska and long for the sun and good life in Arizona.
Bristol has already bought her house there and Sarah is said to be planning to move soon after.
We all have our own ideas of the big winners and losers of 2010 in politics. Here is my choice:
My person of the year 2011 is Sarah Palin.
No one has played the media at their own game and defeated them as handily as the former Governor of Alaska.
She has created an alternative universe, one where she controls her own media through appearances on Fox News and her Discovery special.
Say what you like about Barack Obama, but never underestimate him.
Just when the pundits were writing him off after the mid term debacle, he comes back with a fourth and long touchdown and passes major legislation.
Getting the Bush tax cuts bill through the House and Senate, passing 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' repeal and pushing hard on other legislative priorities rewrites the book on Obama.
The just released chapter in the Murphy Commission report on abuse in the Dublin archdiocese on abuser priest Tony Walsh reveals in horrific detail how the Vatican covered up for the man the Murphy Commission described as the worst abuser of all.
It also described how the Archbishop of Dublin, Dermot Ryan, wrote a strong letter of approval for Byrne despite knowing he was a dreadful pedophile.
The court included the risk of suicide as one of its possible health complications.
Clinton is clearly gambling that Obama's latest move to do a deal with Republicans will pay of in the long run, as his decision to work with Republicans paid off with his second term.
But what ultimately delivered for Clinton was the over-reaching of his opponents, specifically Newt Gingrich who decided he could shut down the government and get away with it.
Is Sarah Palin anti-Catholic?
That might be a real reading of her comments lately on John F.Kennedy when she slams him for making clear the line between his faith and his political beliefs during the 1960 campaign.
She has also questioned House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's faith in comments she made in her new book "America By Heart'
One voice has been noticeably missing from recent debate on Ireland's desperate plight.
That person is Paul Hewson,AKA Bono.
It seemed anytime there was a debt crisis in the world Bono was there, arguing, pushing, delivering often on total cancellation of debt.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Young Irish woman turned in to U.S. authorities
- Government minister calls for investigation...
- Irishman John Downey arrested for 1982 IRA...
- Nigerian migrants send $653 million a year...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Calls for Irish Justice Minister to resign...
- Amnesty International says Ireland’s abortion...
- New book ‘John F. Kennedy - Among the Germans’.
- Michael Flatley, star of Lord of the Dance...