People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- Nelson Mandela once considered a terrorist by many Irish political leaders
- Obama relative gets personal special deal on immigration in Boston court
- Married priests could well be Pope Francis' legacy, says Irish theologian
- My top ten Thanksgiving turkeys for 2013
- Was Tony Blair cuckolding the “Dirty Digger” magnate Rupert Murdoch?
Examiner.com is reporting that the Palins have had enough of snowy Alaska and long for the sun and good life in Arizona.
Bristol has already bought her house there and Sarah is said to be planning to move soon after.
We all have our own ideas of the big winners and losers of 2010 in politics. Here is my choice:
No one has played the media at their own game and defeated them as handily as the former Governor of Alaska.
She has created an alternative universe, one where she controls her own media through appearances on Fox News and her Discovery special.
Just when the pundits were writing him off after the mid term debacle, he comes back with a fourth and long touchdown and passes major legislation.
Getting the Bush tax cuts bill through the House and Senate, passing 'Don't Ask Don't Tell' repeal and pushing hard on other legislative priorities rewrites the book on Obama.
The just released chapter in the Murphy Commission report on abuse in the Dublin archdiocese on abuser priest Tony Walsh reveals in horrific detail how the Vatican covered up for the man the Murphy Commission described as the worst abuser of all.
It also described how the Archbishop of Dublin, Dermot Ryan, wrote a strong letter of approval for Byrne despite knowing he was a dreadful pedophile.
The European Court of Human Rights has ruled that Ireland should introduce legislation to allow the right to abortion to women whose health is in danger from a continued pregnancy.
The court included the risk of suicide as one of its possible health complications.
Clinton is clearly gambling that Obama's latest move to do a deal with Republicans will pay of in the long run, as his decision to work with Republicans paid off with his second term.
But what ultimately delivered for Clinton was the over-reaching of his opponents, specifically Newt Gingrich who decided he could shut down the government and get away with it.
That might be a real reading of her comments lately on John F.Kennedy when she slams him for making clear the line between his faith and his political beliefs during the 1960 campaign.
She has also questioned House Speaker Nancy Pelosi's faith in comments she made in her new book "America By Heart'
That person is Paul Hewson,AKA Bono.
It seemed anytime there was a debt crisis in the world Bono was there, arguing, pushing, delivering often on total cancellation of debt.
- Irish trafficker of rhino horns pleads guilty in New York...
- Your Voice, Your View: Have your say about IrishCentral's redesign...
- Irish Traveller family charged with kidnap and slavery over thirteen years ...
- Irish traveler charged over New York rhino horn sale...
- Irish puppy farm now a favorite destination for Hollywood A-listers...
- An open letter in strong defence of capitalism.
- Sarah Palin is saving Christmas
- Racist incidents in Ireland up by 85 percent...
- Gay teacher fired from Catholic school after...
- Virginia governor slammed by doctor over...
- Irish drugs mule to escape full trial and...
- Nelson Mandela was against IRA decommissioning.
- Top Christmas Irish ads that will be bring...
- Irish radio presenter suspended after anti-Isra
- Families as well as Catholic Church and governm