People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
It's too late Sarah.
The stable door is locked and all the candidates who matter are out in the field.
That will come as disturbing news to millions of Irish Americans including, by his own account, Vice President Joe Biden, who were raised on stories of Black and Tans atrocities in Ireland during the War of Independence.
In the Bahamas when it was category three Irene as far as I can see killed no-one and destroyed all of 100 homes according to the BBC.
Make no mistake this is not Hurricane Katrina, a category 3 hurricane which slammed into New Orleans and destroyed the city.
117 Irish were deported in 2009 the last year that figures are available for. It is not known how many of those were non-criminal aliens, but my hunch it would that the vast majority would be.
Spurned lovers and jealous work acquaintances were the two top factors behind Irish deportations I understand.
Five Irish immigration reform leaders meet with the White House
Apparently an earthquake hit Richmond Virginia, registering 5.9 on the Richter scale and the shocks were felt all the way to New York.
Several of us here in Irishcentral's office felt a shaking but I personally thought it was some construction work.
The New York Times is reporting that Manhattan DA Cyrus Vance will likely not prosecute Dominique Strauss-Kahn in the sexual assault charge against him for attacking Nafissatou Diallo a maid at the Sofitel in New York City.
Nobody in their right mind disputes that there was a sexual encounter with the maid but her background of lying and subsequent actions such as allegedly telling a male friend that she was going to gets lots of mullah certainly damaged her case.
It also proves why sexual assault is one of the toughest crimes to prove. If it comes down to he said/she said juries are reluctant to definitively take sides.
President Michele Bachmann? Better get used to it.
After the Iowa straw vote the Minnesota congresswoman is not going away you know -- all the way through the nominating process next year.
Watching the Republican debate last night I came away with an even clearer sense that Mitt Romney will be the Republican candidate if the party has any sense.
He remained cool, calm and collected while Michelle Bachman and Tim Pawlenty entered into a Minnesota slug fest that would have suited their former governor and ex-wrestler Jesse Venture better.
Though he has not announced, Perry, 61, is already joint favorite , with Mitt Romney to take the GOP nomination with Paddy Power the leading Irish bookmaker.
They are both around the 2/1 mark with Michele Bachmann next at 7/1.
The boy was within months of being the legal age in New York of 17 and would have been legal age in dozens of states.
I also firmly believe there is a difference between a 33-year-old female and a 33-year-old male carrying out that same act.
The news that short sellers are now focusing on Italy and Spain after hammering Ireland, Portugal and Greece makes it clear that the one size fits all Euro is not up to the task of creating equal risk and reward across the European Union.
Put simply, Europe will not federalize its debt, there is no United States of Europe and without that concept the Euro cannot survive.
Barack Obama is 50 today and celebrated with a huge party and fundraiser in Chicago last night.
He is an amazing success story, first ever African American president and at a very young age too so much so that it seems certain he will be younger than his 2012 Republican opponent no matter who it is.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Top bishops clash over excommunication of...
- Irish leader delivers powerful commencement...
- Computer giant Apple avoiding $25 billion...
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed...
- Guinness summit? Obama and Putin to enjoy...
- Enda Kenny, not the Catholic Church, speaks...
- One in seven people on social welfare in...
- The top ten things I dislike about Irish...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Irish people in UK 'less likely to identify...