People and Politicsby Patrick Roberts
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
- Hillary is definitely running for president says Maureen Dowd in her NY Times column - Urges Clinton to leave her troubling dark side behind for her 2016 run
- Is Senator Marco Rubio now trying to kill immigration reform after first supporting it? - Latest objections could mean he has turned rail on achieving immigration breakthrough
How about showcasing vials of his blood so the faithful can gaze at them?
This beatification business is just that -- those who can pressure the hardest get their way.
Donald Trump may be blessed in two ways if he decides to run in 2012. First the current incumbent is not scaring anyone away and secondly the caliber of opponents within the Republican Primary field is hardly stellar.
Obama's strange refusal to get the birth certificate issue out of the way addresses his major problem, he is incredibly smart, intelligent and well meant, but he lacks any sense of how issues can play emotionally with people.
The three times married Newt Gingrich was guest of honor at the National Catholic Prayer breakfast today, somewhat like Casanova appearing at an abstinence-only luncheon.
The fact that he is divorced, left one wife when she was in a cancer ward and another when she was diagnosed with multiple sclerosis hardly seemed to bother those Catholic clergy who take such deep umbrage at any attempts to change Catholic orthodoxy.
Boyle in Roscommon Ireland may be the latest UFO hot spot in the world according to the respected site "latestufo-sightings.net."
The editor of the site notes that " Roswell, New Mexico has already established itself as a landmark for those interested in Extra-Terrestrial life forms, and other UFO hot spots exist around the globe; now Boyle, Ireland is going to attempt to do the same,"
2.Weakness of the GOP field. Mike Huckabee is leading most polls for heaven's sake and he is likely not running
3.Media coverage.They can't get enough of the guy and whether you think it like watching a car crash or the smartest guy alive people keep tuning in
By the time he runs that figure that number will be closer to 75 per cent.
What we are witnessing with Trump is the incredible shrinking candidate, the man who, the more he opens his mouth the less popular he becomes.
That is because his mother Mary Anne MacLeod , pictured, was from the Hebrides, off the Scottish Highlands coast where Gaelic was spoken by both of her parent s who passed it on to her.
Mary Anne was born in the Hebrides in 1912 and moved to America where she met and married Fred trump, Donald's father. She brought Donald back to Scotland when he was very young. he has since visited with his sister
Previously,The Donald filed for corporate bankruptcy in 1991, 1992, 2004, and 2009 according to the Wall Street Journal.
And this guy wants to run the biggest corporation on earth?.
1. Can change name of White House to "Trump House, formerly known as the White House"
2. Air Force One becomes Air Force Don.
When the Boston Globe asked about Mitt Romney's birth certificate they were told it was unavailable.
Indeed, the state of Michigan where Romney was allegedly born -- but who knows -- Mormon missionaries traveled the world you know --- released a statement saying
Watching him on 'Good Morning America' with George Stephanopoulos this morning was like watching a car crash.
Trump's face got redder and redder as Stephanopoulos questioned him on his absurd position on the birther controversy.
Or in this case that the entire Royal Wedding shebang is a dress up fantasy meaning absolutely nothing.
Speaking like a true republican Seinfeld told a British TV show that;
There is perhaps no other ethnic group so closely identified with the Civil War years and the immediate aftermath of the war as Irish Americans.
Of those Irish who came over much later than the founding generations, fully' 150,000 of them joined the Union army. Unfortunately, statistics for the Confederacy are sketchy at best; still, one has but to listen to the Southern accent, and listen to the sorts of tunes Southern soldiers loved to sing, to realize that a great deal of the South was settled by Irish immigrants. But because the white population of the Confederate states was more native-born than immigrant during the Civil War years, there did not seem as much of a drive in the Southern army to recognize heritage in the names and uniforms of regiments as there was in the Union forces.
Fox pulled the program for one reason alone -- Beck had started to hemorrhage audience and advertisers because of his increasingly wacky story lines,which included end of days fantasies and attacking Jews among other victims.
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Elderly Irishman decribes being kept in servitude for six years by Irish Travellers gang...
- Travel chaos across Ireland as bus drivers go ahead with strike action...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- Irish Travellers jailed for 13 years in the UK for forcing vulnerable men to work as 'slav...
- Bill O'Reilly claims the Obama administration...
- Chilling testimony before congressional hearing
- Enda Kenny rejects Dublin Archbishop's claims...
- Census shows more Catholics than Protestants...
- New reports suggest Robert F Kennedy’s wife...
- 'You attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims'
- Prospects for immigration reform bill are...
- Young people worst affected by Ireland’s...
- Disgraced Cardinal Keith O’Brien leaves Scotlan
- Ten castles to rent in Ireland for a vacation...