People and Politics by Patrick Roberts
Barack Obama wimping out already on key appointments like Susan Rice -- GOP will be delighted that he failed to stand by his top pick for State
Posted on Friday, December 14, 2012 at 07:02 AM
- Anti-Catholic rant against Notre Dame is nothing new for the Fighting Irish to face - Ohio State president slammed for “those damn Catholics” comments is latest in long line
- Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving to Democrats - Latest delusion about running for president continues the madness
- No U.S Ambassador to Ireland in place until September at least say insiders - No envoy in Dublin for Barack and Michelle Obama trip to Ireland in June
- Sen. Marco Rubio support now makes certain immigration bill will pass Senate - Bipartisan immigration reform now has an excellent chance of becoming law - VIDEO
- Senator Chris Murphy, a political star is born over N.R.A. and gun issue - NY Times’ Maureen Dowd hails a new voice in the battle against more guns
|President of the United States Barack Obama|
Is Barack Obama already wimping out in his second term?
The news yesterday that Susan Rice was withdrawing her name for consideration as Secretary of State and the apparently inspired leak that former Republican Senator Chuck Hagel will be Secretary of Defence indicates so.
Whatever else Democrats have come to know, it is certain that Barack Obama is not someone you want to be in a foxhole with.
By turning his back on Susan Rice, an African American woman, and refusing to fight for her, he has sent a signal of clear weakness despite his handsome election victory.
By apparently anointing Chuck Hagel, who voted 78 per cent with his party as Secretary of Defense, Obama is playing roll over and having his tummy tickled by the good ol’ boys of the GOP.
Read More: Immigration advice for Republicans - post election talk of reform seems superficial and desperate
Republicans will be laughing all the way to the bank with this one. Their nightmare scenario was opposing a black woman so soon after losing the black and minority vote by record levels in the election.
Not only will they not face that but they will also have one of their own ensconced in the key Department of Defense.
They will even have the milk and water,hopelessly defeated, presidential candidate John Kerry to kick around in the State Department. Joe Lieberman Mark Two anyone?
When it comes to fighting for his friends and those who delivered the White House to him, Barack Obama is already missing in action.
Read More: Christine Quinn tells Supreme Court Justice ‘Don’t compare me to a murderer because I’m a lesbian’ - VIDEO
Hagel voted 78 per cent with the Republican Party, that is hardly the voting record of a moderate GOP member who could make a difference to this administration.
Obama has just once again reached out to calm the right wing opposition to him and ignored his own base who got him elected.
Read More Irish news stories here
He is in deep danger of going down in history as Jimmy Carter-like in how wimpish he has become in office.
Instead of confronting his foes he wants to embrace them. They are far too clever for that, but they are perfectly willing to wait him out knowing that sooner or later he will capitulate as he did with Susan Rice.
This is not a promising start for this administration. See more: Right-wing Irish , Irish GOP
15 - 34 | See all comments
the Latest #IRISHTRAVEL
- Two Irish chefs launch new All-Ireland Culinary tours business...
- Irish restaurant critic Ross Golden-Bannon launches pop-up artisan eatery...
- "First Woman Bishop" elected as one of Ireland's four main church leaders - VIDEO...
- Irish chefs Zack Gallagher and Wendy Kavanagh start new all-Ireland culinary tour business...
- Today's Irish news roundup...
- President Obama’s visit to North comes at...
- Michelle Obama and daughters trace their...
- Sinn Fein deputy leader speaks out against...
- Body of Irish immigrant tossed in medical...
- Daily Mail unloads on 'drunken young' Paddys...
- Irish kids receive almost $700 in Holy Communio
- Former church spokesman criticised for using...
- Shock as Irish priest praises Prime Minister’s.
- The Irish are known for being friendly to...
- Is Rory McIlroy a spoiled brat and just an...