Irish Media Nationby John Lee
- "New York Paddy" Peter Quinn explores history and mystery of the trilogy (VIDEO)
- Tanaiste dives Into the Tweetstream with open-ended live Twitter chat in NYC
- Mutant ninja Irish dancers Fusion Fighters duel in video game
- Electronic pulse propels video love letter to Dublin (VIDEO)
- Ireland back on leader board with a 'Top Ten' ranking on the Global Innovation Index 2013 - VIDEO
In another example of punching above its weight, Ireland has retained a "Top Ten" ranking on the Global Innovation Index 2013, a survey of 142 countries just released by the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and Cornell University.
The United States rejoined the five most-innovative nations and the United Kingdom moved up to the third spot while Switzerland retained its place atop the rankings. Singapore dropped from third in 2012 to eighth this year and Ireland did drop from ninth to tenth, the spot previously occupied by the US. However, GII 2013 organizers did say the shuffling of leader board was due more to changes in their own methodology than to changes in the countries' level of innovation.