Irish Media Nationby John Lee
- YouTube previews "new" sport set for Dublin kick-off - VIDEO
- Shadowy ninjas of Irish dance, Fusion Fighters set to debut March 17 (VIDEO)
- No shortage of ways to be Linkedin to Ireland and the Irish worldwide
- Emigration and immigration: comings and goings of the Irish...and everyone else
- Looking for White Christmas in NYC (VIDEO)
Inspired by the digital media initiatives of Obama and Sarkozy and the model of the UK government website Number10.gov.uk, the Irish Government today launched its new social networking-based site, www.MerrionStreet.ie, named for the address of Government Buildings in Dublin. Using off-the-self, open-source digital and social media platforms such as WordPress, Twitter, Facebook, and Flickr, the project was built by the Dublin-based web developer Arekibo reportedly for less than €40,000. The site went live earlier today.