Irish Media Nationby John Lee
- "New York Paddy" Peter Quinn explores history and mystery of the trilogy (VIDEO)
- Tanaiste dives Into the Tweetstream with open-ended live Twitter chat in NYC
- Mutant ninja Irish dancers Fusion Fighters duel in video game
- Electronic pulse propels video love letter to Dublin (VIDEO)
- Ireland back on leader board with a 'Top Ten' ranking on the Global Innovation Index 2013 - VIDEO
Ed Shevlin is a man on the move. In his “9 to 5” he's behind the wheel of a garbage truck, cleaning-up after us as one on “New York's Cleanest.” His total immersion in all things Irish moved this high school dropout to an advanced study of the Irish language in its native land and to teach it when he returned home. He's a man moved by a good cause, and his grassroots work in the community and charities have earned him many awards and honors.
As Shevlin guides his truck through its Rockaway Beach route, his sights are set on another Rockaway Beach, a continent away in California. On September 22 he plans to get the motor running and head out on the highway on his Harley to that western Rockaway in a quest to raise funds for the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. He's using Facebook to publicize the trek and attract donations towards the $50,000 he hopes to raise for the JDRF.