Workin' in the Car Wash Blues
Posted on Saturday, June 25, 2011 at 05:00 PM
- Dispelling liberal myths, the Tea Party is not racist and the right is not the realm of homophobes and misogynists
- Sean Hannity shows generosity, pays Obamacare worker fired for talking to him
- A country that does not control its borders….Is no longer a country
- Republicans can say 'we told you so' as Obamacare is inflicted on America
- The House Republicans are the adults in the room when it comes to debt talks
I went in to a coffee shop yesterday, to get a cup to take with me. As the young man behind the counter cheerfully complied, I put a dollar in the tip jar and quipped "this is for your higher education", he replied: "I just graduated from college".
One of the last members of Obama's original economic team just left Washington DC to go back to work in academia, saying his work is done here......I'll say!
The last great surge in employment as a result of these experts and their trillion dollar "stimulus," to our economy, was McDonald's providing a surge of 65,000 entry level positions at their restaurants around the country.
We had those economists on loan to us from Harvard and Berkeley guiding our country with their expert policies. Their policies are proving to be disastrous for our economy. But of course they themselves are pretty well insulated from the consequences of their decisions, as they return to their tenured jobs at the universities from where they came from.
Alright Washington, we already have all of the geniuses we can use. Is there anyone in the Obama administration who has ANY experience in the private sector, who knows what it is like to create jobs by building businesses? If so would you please step forward, front and center and take charge.
Because the job market in the private sector is tight and many people are taking jobs, any jobs just to make some money, even if they are over qualified. Just like the young man with the fresh college education working in the coffee shop.
In the meantime those song lyrics from Jim Croce are being heard by many qualified individuals looking for work in the private sector:" Steadily depressin', low down mind messin,' workin' in the car wash blues.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard:
- European Parliament calls for international inquiry into Michael Dwyer killing in Bolivia...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob...
- GPA urges those in need to seek help following untimely death of GAA star Niall Donohue...
- Government politician banned from serving communion in abortion row...