The left wing gets the water hot with soft tyranny.
- Dispelling liberal myths, the Tea Party is not racist and the right is not the realm of homophobes and misogynists
- Sean Hannity shows generosity, pays Obamacare worker fired for talking to him
- A country that does not control its borders….Is no longer a country
- Republicans can say 'we told you so' as Obamacare is inflicted on America
- The House Republicans are the adults in the room when it comes to debt talks
Not to alarm my PETA friends out here in the west, this is theoretical only...no frogs were harmed in the making of my metaphor....that I know of.
The premise is that if a frog is placed in boiling water, it will jump out, but if it is placed in cold water that is slowly heated, it will not perceive the danger and will be cooked to death. The story is often used as an example of humanity's inability to react to significant changes that occur gradually.
Slowly and inexorably we are being prodded down the cattle chute of soft tyranny where the government, at the behest of the president and his unelected czars, can selectively decide which laws it will obey and which laws it will ignore.
Yesterdays announcement by the Obama administration that it will not defend the Defense of Marriage Act (DOMA) is just the latest temperature increase. This Clinton-era law bans federal agencies from recognizing the legal marriages of gay and lesbian couples and allows states to ignore such marriages. Attorney General Eric Holder said on Wednesday that he and the president believe parts of the law are unconstitutional.
Obama and Holder think the law passed by congress and signed by President Clinton in 1996 is unconstitutional so they will not defend it?
Add that to the selective enforcement of our immigration laws by the federal government. The aggressive prosecution of states which do try to enforce the immigration laws. Appointed czars in Washington passing edicts down by a stroke of the pen that cost industry and consumers billions of dollars. Efforts by unelected partisan regulators to decide what news we should see and hear and you realize we are being assaulted on all sides without our consent.
A federal appeals judge found that the Obama health care bill was unconstitutional, which carries with it an injunction to cease and desist. The Obama administration has ignored the judges ruling and carries on with the attitude of "judge? what judge?"
These are just a few examples of our how our nation of laws with its existing system of checks and balances, is slowly getting subjugated by legal legerdemain and outright illegal means. We are witnessing soft tyranny.
I ask my fellow Americans on the left how they would feel if President Jeb Bush decided Roe Vs. Wade was unconstitutional and decided not to defend it ? Or if President Palin decided that national interests overpowered existing law and it would be best to send oil drilling rigs into the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge and off the California coastline? My bet would be a cacophony of protests that the country has never witnessed and there would be calls for the Presidents impeachment.
The frogs in the pot have sweat on their brows.
- European Parliament calls for international inquiry into Michael Dwyer killing in Bolivia...
- The hypocritical Irish American right-wing anti-immigration reform “Lynch” mob...
- GPA urges those in need to seek help following untimely death of GAA star Niall Donohue...
- Government politician banned from serving communion in abortion row...