President Obama better hope he doesn't get cornered by Paul Ryan again
Posted on Monday, August 13, 2012 at 07:53 PM
- Investigators confident a missile brought down US Passenger jet in 1996-Shades of a cover up?
- The proposed immigration bill is a sham if it doesn’t secure our borders first
- President Obama got by with a little help from his friends at DOJ, IRS,MSM and now even the NSA?
- Bill O’Reilly’s 'Killing Kennedy' selects its’ Lee Harvey Oswald and will begin filming
- The face of Obamacare failure - John Edwards will resume suing medical providers
Congressman Paul Ryan is a tough, straight talking man with loads of intelligence. President Obama found this out to his dismay when Ryan was able to confront him on Obamacare —at a bipartisan White House health care summit held in February of 2010.
When Ryan addressed the summit, televised on live TV, he immediately quoted from Obama's speech to a Joint Session of Congress, September 9, 2009 "I will not sign a plan that adds one dime to our deficits -- either now or in the future."
For the next 6 1/2 minutes Ryan calmly yet forcefully exposed Obama and the audience with facts and figures on the Obamacare legislation. As Ryan went forward dismantling the bill, President Obama had to sit there silently getting confronted with all of the smoke and mirrors that were used to craft Obamacare...It seems, unlike most of the politicians in Washington, Paul Ryan did read every page of the proposed healthcare bill, before it was passed.
Ryan was well versed and aware of the gimmicks in the bill, the double counting and stealth spending not accounted for, saying "Hiding spending, doesn't stop the spending" and "The bill is full of gimmicks that more than erase the false claim of deficit reduction"
Staring at the President and not backing down, Ryan stated "By removing the Doctor fix in this legislation and ignoring the additional cost does not remove it from the backs of taxpayers." The President shot daggers at Ryan throughout the 6 1/2 minutes but he didn't miss a beat.
Paul Ryan has no trepidation standing up to the President and speaking the truth. That was clearly shown the day of the healthcare summit as President Obama squirmed under Ryan's direct attack on the Obamacare bill.
Congressman Ryan crafted budgets for our country, have been approved by Congress and received 41 votes in the Senate. President Obama's budgets received no approval by congress and zero votes in the Senate. Perhaps the embarrassment of receiving no votes for the Presidents budget is the reason Harry Reid has not allowed a vote in 3 years.
Paul Ryan is young, principled and not afraid of a fight. He will do well in the debate arena against Joe Biden, on any topic, including foreign policy. Joe Biden's foreign policy history of being wrong on almost every major decision the country has made in the past 12 years, belies his foreign policy "expertise." Ryan of course can spin circles around Biden on budget issues, easier than he can with Obama.
My advice to President Obama, is to avoid any impromptu debates with Paul Ryan over the next 3 months, unless you want a replay of the healthcare summit.
The most unique gifts: Time capsules in American and world history: http://lifemagforsale.com/
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: carrollstandard.com
- Remembering Morton Downey, Jr, the father of trash TV...
- Samantha Power’s remarkable rise to become US Ambassador to the United Nations...
- Right-wing Glenn Beck regrets causing a division in the United States over controversial v...
- Israeli groups mobilize to block Irish-born Samantha Power as Obama’s UN Ambassador...