Are these the best politicians money can buy?
Posted on Tuesday, December 20, 2011 at 03:19 PM
- Assault on our free press could make America no better than a banana republic
- Obama administration getting caught in its own tangled web of deceit - has the White House been lying through its teeth
- Benghazi/Watergate - What difference does it make?
- In one day, 20 shot in Chicago - Officials blame the weather, we blame the officials
- They say success has many fathers, but Benghazi Libya is the orphan on the White House step
Just two years ago, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, deemed the nations business important enough to keep the House in Session until Christmas Eve. Not until they passed President Obama's signature legislation of Obamacare, did she release the members to return to their homes.
That was two years ago. Today we are faced with pressing business on all fronts and instead of working together to solve the problems, our politicians want to put a temporary band aid over them and jet out of town on vacation.
Harry Reid and the Senate cobbled together a 2 month fix, which they then dumped in the lap of the House and promptly left Washington DC. Apparently they thought the House would go along with another temporary band aid, sign it and leave town themselves. They knew the President would sign it as he was pressured because Michelle and the kids had already flown to Hawaii. Rumors were that Air Force 1 was sitting at Andrews Air force Base, jet engines idling, ready to whisk the President to Hawaii.
More news on US politics from IrishCentral
Irish American actress Rooney Mara steals ‘The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo’
100 year old letter to Santa Claus found in Dublin home
But the House of Representatives put a wrench into vacation plans. They think the nation deserves better than a 2 month stop gap measure and told the Senate, lead by Harry Reid, to get back to work and make the deal for a year.
The House, lead by Speaker John Boehner, said the present bill isn't practical and it won't work. Furthermore there is a huge oil pipeline project being held up for political purposes only, it needs to get the go ahead now, not be delayed until after next years elections. The pipeline means thousand of jobs for Americans.
The House has found ways to pay for this 1 year tax extension, unlike other proposals that just keep piling debt upon more debt. So it should be a simple matter for the Senate and the President to agree, rather than grandstand and point fingers while the American public sits in limbo.
Governor Chris Christie said it best, when he questioned President Obama's leadership abilities. Christie blamed him for the gridlock in Washington and said: What are we paying this guy for?
The American people are taking it a step further and saying what are we paying all of these politicians for? Is this all we're getting for the money? Get back to Washington and stay there until you get your job done.
It was OK to keep everyone there for Obamacare, there is no reason why they can't stay there to get this important legislation passed too. Merry Christmas!
For the most unique gifts, time capsules in American and world history: lifemagforsale.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: www.carrollstandard.com
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed for vicious attack on Hillary Clinton...
- New York GAA report: Goals the difference for Rockland against Long Island Gaels...
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda...
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim...