America Eats Peas, While Obama Dines With the Elite
Posted on Sunday, August 21, 2011 at 03:06 PM
- The Irish should be remembered by America this Memorial Day for their great military service
- Assault on our free press could make America no better than a banana republic
- Obama administration getting caught in its own tangled web of deceit - has the White House been lying through its teeth
- Benghazi/Watergate - What difference does it make?
- In one day, 20 shot in Chicago - Officials blame the weather, we blame the officials
Before jetting off for his ten day vacation at Mahthas Vineyard, President Obama admonished us to eat our peas. Interwoven in his message were many references of shared sacrifice. ...For us.
Most assume he meant, we will have to tighten our belts. Times are tough right now and it will take sacrifice="eat yer peas"! I lived in a house where you had to sit at the table until you finished ALL of the peas on your plate. To hear a voice of authority say "eat your peas" evokes memories of long unpleasant nights at the dinner table.
It seems every time we turn around we are getting hit with"shared sacrifice" talking points from whatever media source is within earshot. These talking points are used to drive home a point of austerity, softening us up for the hammer to come down on the benefits and entitlements that many have come to expect as Americans.
Marthas Vineyard is the playground for the wealthy elite of America. The elite that own those private jets and corporations, the very types that Obama and his allies always rail against. Yet the President seems to move comfortably among them & mingle.
So before the Washington elite start to hack away at the rest of our benefits and "entitlements" lets see them practice some shared sacrifice by eating peas along with the rest of us.
How about the President and Congress take a pay cut, eliminate their pensions and get Social Security like most of Americans. No special Cadillac health plans, but live under Obamacare like the rest of us are supposed to do.
Please Mr. President how about the next time you and the family go off on a vacation, fly together instead of separately, it will save us hundreds of thousands of dollars. Not to mention the extra green house gasses, separate jet transports spew.
Lead by example. Us pea eaters want you to sit down at the table next to us and finish everyone of those round vegetables. Then we can talk about shared sacrifice.
For other points of view visit Carroll Standard: www.carrollstandard.com
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed for vicious attack on Hillary Clinton...
- New York GAA report: Goals the difference for Rockland against Long Island Gaels...
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda...
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim...