From the Rightby Ed Farnan
- Assault on our free press could make America no better than a banana republic
- Obama administration getting caught in its own tangled web of deceit - has the White House been lying through its teeth
- Benghazi/Watergate - What difference does it make?
- In one day, 20 shot in Chicago - Officials blame the weather, we blame the officials
- They say success has many fathers, but Benghazi Libya is the orphan on the White House step
Several months ago, Lech Walesa, hero and leader of Poland's freedom movement, unveiled a statue in downtown Warsaw honoring President Ronald Reagan. Reagan an American with Irish roots, was inspirational in his efforts to topple the Soviet Empire that had Poland and eastern europe in its death grip.
Recently, in an ironic twist, there was a push in Galway Ireland to erect a statue for another famous figure with Irish roots, communist and assassin, Che Guevara. Guevara was known as Fidel Castro's executioner who helped install the communist dictator in power back in the late 50's. Cuba has been under the boot of communist tyranny ever since.
In the wake of this brutal assault, 12 lay dead and perhaps another 50 lay wounded amongst the mostly young crowd who had jammed the theater to see the opening night of the new Batman movie, "Dark Knight Rising."
As the Clinton motorcade passed, crowds pelted them with tomatoes, shoes and bottles, while chants of Monica! Monica! filled the air.
In the middle east there can be no more powerful sign of disrespect than to throw a shoe at someone. When your motorcade is showered with shoes, it is a bad omen.
Phil Smith, spokesman for the United Mine Workers of America(UMWA), spent some time with us discussing issues affecting his members. This was right on the heels of Patriot Coal Company announcing it was filing for bankruptcy protection. Patriot is one of the largest producers of coal in the US and is one of the largest employers of UMWA members. Patriot is the first major casualty in President Obama's war on coal.
UMWA has a membership of 100,000 and is affiliated with the AFL/CIO. They have a rich history in fighting for the protection of workers health and safety, in a dangerous occupation. They have brought dignity and honorable wages to generations of workers who supply our country with its main source for electrical energy.
Smokey Bear told us: “Only we can prevent forest fires.” But behind him was a vast and growing firefighting bureaucracy, equipped with fleets of heavy equipment, aerial tankers, helicopters and satellite guided workforces.
When you realize how much we take for granted such simple tasks as keeping the food in your refrigerator cool, operating your air conditioner, turning on the street lights, operating the electric fuel pumps at the gasoline station...Or charging your electric car, we are dependent on power.
Estimates for restoring power to the many millions without, range from a few hours to over a week.
- Right-wing shock jock Pete Santilli slammed for vicious attack on Hillary Clinton...
- New York GAA report: Goals the difference for Rockland against Long Island Gaels...
- Conservative news entertainment complex claim Barack Obama leader of Al Qaeda...
- Boston man confronts Infowars conspiracy nuts over 'false flag' claim...