Danny Boyby Daniel O'Carroll
- National hero Donal Walsh loses battle with cancer - teen's optimism and courage inspired thousands
- Irish professor with multiple sclerosis Marie Fleming loses landmark right-to-die case in Irish Supreme Court
- Irish government cracks down on scam motorists - stamp out loopholes to scrub penalty points
- Terminally ill Irish teen Donal Walsh makes emotional plea to end youth suicide - VIDEO
- Drunk Irish teen charged with threatening to kill Guyanan president - 17-year-old told bodyguards he'd like to shoot Donald Ramotar
The Wright Report into the shadowy underworld of the Irish Department of Finance, the government department responsible, among other achievements, for overseeing the financial implosion of the Irish economy and IMF bailout, has found that the Department continues to suffer from a 'shockingly low' level of expertise in the form of qualified economists working at the Department, while also shedding light on ousted leader Cowen's claims that he wasn't briefed on the imminent meltdown of the economy before it all went bust.
It sounds strange doesn't it, unexpected? But not only is it happening at the moment, with the European Commission deciding to press further legal action against Ireland for continued non-compliance with an environmental directive so uninteresting that even the newspapers reporting the story didn't bother explain what it concerned, but it's costing Ireland a good deal of money in the process.
It's part of a long tradition, though.