Danny Boyby Daniel O'Carroll
- Prominent Irish politician in social media slip with "MILFS of the Day"
- Half of Irish 30 somethings have tried marijuana but disapprove of drunk driving
- Dublin Web Summit puts Ireland at center of the tech map
- Ireland's Senate referendum poster boy subject to racist abuse
- Constitutional Convention backs emigrant vote for Irish Presidential elections
Edmond Stapleton (38) hijacked a Garda Traffic Corps' vehicle in Cork City center after threatening to kill the patrolling officer at knife-point.
Richard Tol, a somewhat eccentric looking Dutch economist well-known for his bizarre hair-dos, contributions to theirisheconomy.ie, and for once working at the ESRI (Economic and Social Research Institute), said that he will likely publish the working paper under the auspices of the University of Sussex, where he now works, rather than through the ESRI, from which he has since resigned.
Tom Savage, is facing a tabloid grilling in Ireland over his role as head of Dublin-based the Communication Clinic and that company's involvement in the broadcaster's ill-fated 'Mission to Prey' documentary.
The TV boss is now also facing increased pressure to explain how his leadership of the TV station does not pose a direct conflict of interest with his directorship at The Communication Clinic - a public relations outfit that has gained a reputation as the go-to PR firm for Irish politicians and political parties since its foundation in 2004.