Danny Boyby Daniel O'Carroll
- Prominent Irish politician in social media slip with "MILFS of the Day"
- Half of Irish 30 somethings have tried marijuana but disapprove of drunk driving
- Dublin Web Summit puts Ireland at center of the tech map
- Ireland's Senate referendum poster boy subject to racist abuse
- Constitutional Convention backs emigrant vote for Irish Presidential elections
The more things change, the more things stay the same.
If there was one adage that could sum up public sector spending in Ireland, that could quite possibly be it.
The latest expenses revelation concerning Ireland's publicly-funded university sector is that they've managed to spend a stellar €750,000 ($952,000) on cabs in the last two years alone.
Cork's contribution to the Occupy movement has moved camp, prompting Fine Gael councillor Des Cahill to label them as attention seekers.
The motley group of what by now must be veteran, if not professional, protesters, has relocated to just a few hundred meters away on Oliver Plunkett St.