Allen's Irelandby Paul Allen
- What Ryanair's Michael O’Leary could teach Enda Kenny about communications and political battles
- Could it be time for Ireland to bring Bertie Ahern back?
- Pre-budget politics: lies, damned lies, and a gullible Irish public
- Why Irish broadcaster Pat Kenny is worth every penny and more
- The Royal baby and hidden agendas, blanket coverage an exercise in cynicism
Rather than ducking out of debates and avoiding the media, Enda Kenny should look to Michael O’Leary as a role model, writes Paul Allen
The stage was set for a showdown. The economy was still creaking under the weight of excessive spending and the Seanad was seen as a politically prehistoric talking shop for has-beens and wannabes.