Allen's Irelandby Paul Allen
- What Ryanair's Michael O’Leary could teach Enda Kenny about communications and political battles
- Could it be time for Ireland to bring Bertie Ahern back?
- Pre-budget politics: lies, damned lies, and a gullible Irish public
- Why Irish broadcaster Pat Kenny is worth every penny and more
- The Royal baby and hidden agendas, blanket coverage an exercise in cynicism
Despite the might of its football team and the fact it got a better bailout deal from Europe, Ireland is likely to triumph Spain, writes Paul Allen.
We used to laugh at the English. Every European Championship they qualified for they believed they would win it.
But while England fans took a more sober approach regarding their chances at Euro 2012, Ireland’s cheer leading brigade managed to convince themselves we would crush Croatia, spank Spain and lash