Moms to Reel Boysby Darlene M. White
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships ~ Dance Dramas - Part 4
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review -part 3
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review- Part 2
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review Part 1
- 20 Questions with World Irish Dancing Champion Drew Lovejoy
I am a mom to an Irish dancing boy!
My son Cameron is the second of six kiddos and has been Irish dancing since he was six. He is now a 13 year old Preliminary Champion. He has learned so much from his T.C.R.G., and we love her choreography. However, there is one thing missing at his Irish dance school: boys! He is the only Champion-level boy. For years we have had to find our own way with costumes and navigating the world of feiseanna with a boy. Once Cameron moved up to Novice and Prizewinner, I started seeking out moms of the few other boys in his competitions, and I'd catch myself cheering for the boys we'd met. I found camaraderie with the other moms whose sons were in schools with multiple boy dancers. They had answers to questions such as ‘Where do you find pants that work for Irish dance?’, ‘Do boys use sock glue?’ and ‘Where are the cool vests coming from?”.