Moms to Reel Boysby Darlene M. White
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships ~ Dance Dramas - Part 4
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review -part 3
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review- Part 2
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review Part 1
- 20 Questions with World Irish Dancing Champion Drew Lovejoy
Today, having kids who are interested in anything means money out of pocket for classes and gear and opportunities to use their new found talents. Music lessons, sports, art classes all cost money. Irish dance is no exception.
I found all kinds of sites with info on the latest statistics of bullying. Verbal abuse, cyber bullying, physical violence, etc. all make the list. It's a sad reality that over half of all kids won't make it to adulthood without at some point feeling ostracized, threatened, insulted, and belittled for being perceived as being different or not normal.
My kids have been given the lectures from very early-on about treating people with respect no matter how they look, talk, act, etc- no matter what they do, say, or believe that might set them apart. Every person should be valued. Without exception- every person.