Moms to Reel Boysby Darlene M. White
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships ~ Dance Dramas - Part 4
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review -part 3
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review- Part 2
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review Part 1
- 20 Questions with World Irish Dancing Champion Drew Lovejoy
Feis America: Thanks so very much, Owen, for answering my questions! I wish you great success in all of your goals and future endeavors. We hope to see you on stage for ourselves sometime soon.
I feel a bit like an arm-chair fan sitting at home, getting ready to cheer for their favorite sports team or Olympic athlete. Instead of "Go, Manchester United!!", or "Go, Steelers!!", or even "Go, Jamaican Bobsled Team!!" (Can't be helped- ever since "Cool Runnings", I've had a thing for them), I find myself getting ready to cheer from afar for the Irish dancing boys, who I know or whose names I know as being the names of major contenders for top place Irish dance championship titles. These Irish dancing young men will be at the 2012 All Ireland Championships. "Go, Irish dance boys! WooHoo!"
Every month, an Open Champion Irish dancer will be featured here on the Moms to Reel Boys blog.
This month, I interviewed Brandon Asazawa of Ohio, USA. He came in 18th at the 2011 World Championships of Irish Dance in Dublin and 4th at the 2011 North American Nationals. Most recently, Brandon came in 1st place at the 2011 MidAmerica Regional Oireachtas.
Brandon, thank-you for answering all of my questions! :)