Moms to Reel Boysby Darlene M. White
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships ~ Dance Dramas - Part 4
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review -part 3
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review- Part 2
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review Part 1
- 20 Questions with World Irish Dancing Champion Drew Lovejoy
With four more days until Christmas, many parents are done with the big gifts and looking for those little stocking stuffers and extras for their kids. I know I am!
With Irish dancing children, it is actually pretty easy to find fun things to toss in the Christmas stockings. Here is a list of a few that are on this momma's list.
Duct tape: Okay, for anyone who has Irish dance kiddos, duct tape is a must. In practice, competition, and performances, a small strip on the sole of the shoe can help with traction and prevent slips in hardshoes. It used to be that duct tape only came in boring gray, but now, there is everything from the Irish dance standard of black to hot pick. There is also a line of patterned duct tape with animal prints, sculls, flowers, and our new family favorite, flames. "Feet O'Flames!!" Get it? Funny stuff! While the patterns are not that practical for a feis or performance, they're always good for a laugh when worn at a practice or class.