Moms to Reel Boysby Darlene M. White
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships ~ Dance Dramas - Part 4
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review -part 3
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review- Part 2
- 2012 North American Irish Dance Championships - Dance Drama Review Part 1
- 20 Questions with World Irish Dancing Champion Drew Lovejoy
Teenagers and siblings, Joey and Clare Roca are competitive Irish dancers. They are also Irish dancers with professional dance experience. Eighteen year old Joey and sixteen year old Clare recently performed in the professional Irish dance showcase, Rhythm in the Night. I had a great time chatting with their mother, Colleen Roca. We definitely chatted about the experience of having had her children in a professional Irish dance production, but we also chatted about where Joey's and Clare's love of and talent for Irish dance came from.
Well, it's finally happening! Riverdance has scheduled its final farewell tour dates.
There's even a fabulous countdown clock on the Riverdance website that is counting down the days and hours until the final show of their tour in North America.
Do you know what I'd like to see?
I'd love to see a fabulous, slightly-campy, very entertaining, on-stage, Irish dance musical. Make it a love story of sorts with sappy-ish dialog and lots of quirky, romantic twists. Of course, like all musicals, there'd be catchy, toe-tapping, heart-felt musical dance numbers thrown in. Being Irish dance, they'd all be Irish dance pieces.