Irish Dance and Pop Cultureby S.J. Velasquez
- 'Heartbeat of Home' online auditions prompt influx of amazing dancer videos - VIDEOS
- The top 12 Irish dance videos of 2012 - VIDEOS
- Post-show interview with TLC's 'Big Jig' star Mary Kay Heneghan - VIDEOS
- Sean-nós dance revival reveals different side of Irish dance - VIDEOS
- Irish dance friendships: - down under meets upstate NY
Irish dance spectacular "Take the Floor" will debut in Dublin, Ireland, on Aug. 15 -- that's just over two months away -- but the cast isn't complete, rehearsals haven't begun and choreography is still a mystery.
Don't worry -- everything is going according to plan!
That's the whole point, said show directors Paula Goulding and Shane McAvinchey. This isn't your average dance show. It's more like an intense Irish dance workshop, MTV's "Making the Band" and Riverdance all rolled up into one unbelievable experience.