Go Feis - The Irish Dance Blog by Kathleen O’Reilly-Wild
Songs for the 3rd – 4th March Irish dancing competitions – VIDEOS
Posted on Saturday, March 03, 2012 at 09:54 AM
- Songs for the 1st – 2nd September Irish Dancing Competitions - VIDEOS
- Songs for the 25th – 26th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 18th – 19th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Songs for the 11th – 12th August Irish Dancing Competitions – VIDEOS
- Championship training for Irish dancers - tips from teachers on Oireachtas Part 1
by PATRICIA MCNAMARA
Heading to Texas this weekend for the Texas State Championships and Feis or to Wisconsin for the Lavin-Cassidy Feis? How about Alberta, Canada for the Possak Feis at the Tower? Massachusetts for the North Shore Feis? Or maybe you’re going to New Jersey for the Garden State Feis.
No matter your competitive destination this weekend, we want to share four tunes you should add to your own playlist before lacing up and taking the stage. Best of luck to all competitors. And be sure to come back here and share your results!
“Move Your Feet” – Junior Senior
Yes, you’ll wanna move your feet after playing this tune.
“Sweat” – Oingo Boingo
This song will get ya all antsy, adding the perfect pep to your jig steps.
Songs for the 25th - 26th February Irish dancing competitions - VIDEOS
Songs for the 18th - 19th February Irish dancing competitions - VIDEOS
Songs for the 4th - 5th February Irish dancing competitions - VIDEOS
“Hung Up” – Madonna
Listen to this and you’ll start forgetting about the little things in your reel you’re currently hung up on.
“Celebration” – Kool & The Gang
No matter how well you do at the feis, play this on the drive home and you’ll instantly feel like a champ.